You want to read this answer if you want to know the best ways to increase Human Growth Hormone in your body.
This answer is divided into 3 parts
- What is HGH? And why should you care?
- 3 best Ways to release Human Growth Hormone Naturally
- 5 Additional Tips
WHAT IS Human Growth Hormone and why should you care?
HGH is a hormone released by the pituitary gland that helps in growth, cell reproduction and cell regeneration and its essential to slow down aging.
Illegal use of growth hormone has been used in industrial agriculture on livestock to help them grow faster and for increased milk production.
They are also banned in professional sports.
However, many bodybuilders and muscle athletes do inject it to slow down aging process and build muscles.
I strongly advise against injecting hGH as it has many side effects.
hGH is essential for children to help them grow, and peaks around the age of 19–20. After which the decline starts.
Once you turn 30, you enter into a phase called somatopause where hGH starts to rapidly decline.
This results in following symptoms :
-Decreased sexual function
-Increased sensitivity to cold and heat
-Loss of lean muscle
Why should you care?
HGH when enhanced Naturallycan literally make you young, strong, energetic besides giving you other health benefits:
- Increased weight loss
- Increase in muscle mass and tone
- Strong bones
- Hair regrowth
- More energy and ability to concentrate better
3 Best ways to boost your HGH Naturally:
- Sleep undisturbed: The moment you are asleep HGH secretions increase and continue to do so in the first few hours of sleep. Research has shown its best to be asleep between 10pm to 2am however research is inconclusive on that.
- Workout above anabolic threshold:According to a studypublished in Sports Medical Journal in 2003, an exercise intensity above lactate threshold and for a minimum of 10 minutes appears to elicit the greatest stimulus to the secretion of hGH.
nOTE: According to the same study, endurance training actually results in decreased resting hGH and a blunted EIGR [exercise-induced growth hormone response].
In simple, terms you want to focus on resistance training ideally using heavy weights and staying within the rep-range of 5–10 and combining this with HIIT either viz sprints or cardio machine.
- Intermittent Fasting:This studyconcluded that women can boost their hGH by 1300 percent and men by 2000 percent when they fast for 24 hours.
I do recommend limiting your feeding window to about 7–8 hours only and then fast for the remaining 16 hours.
For example, I wake up by 5am and then fast until 11am at least. Sometimes I stretch up to 1pm. Then I have my first meal. My second meal is at 7pm and then I fast until 11am the next day.
You can read more about this pattern of eating here.
These mini-fasts can normalize your insulin levels, and have other benefits too. This is no fad, but this is way we have evolved.
Eating 5–6 smaller meals seems unnatural to me….
Because of working out with heavy weights, doing intermittent fasting, and other changes in my lifestyle, I have managed to slow down aging and get many compliments stating that I look younger now as compared to when I was in my 20s.
hGH no doubt is called the ‘Fountain of Youth’ and if you are above the age of 30, you should follow the suggestions I have listed above if you want to look young, strong.
You be the judge:
5 Additional tips:
- Workout out in a fasted state, especially first thing in the morning. You can burn lot of belly fat this way. And this way you get it done
- Wait for 30–60 minutes before you eat anything. hGH production peaks after workout so it best to eat only after your body has given the chance to ultilize it effectively.
- Include health fats in your diet. This helps boost your testosterone levels
- Although I don’t recommend too many supplements, but some studies have shown that supplementing with l-glutamine, l-arginine can boost your hGH
- Do a detox for 10–11 days. Normal detox can be dangerous so you need a proper structure when you embark on it. hGH stays long enough in the blood stream so that liver converts it into IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factors) and this can only happen when your liver is working in top condition.